“Premium cigars” are defined as a cigar that:
- Is wrapped in whole tobacco leaf; contains a 100% leaf tobacco binder;
- Contains at least 50% (of the filler by weight) long filler tobacco (i.e., whole tobacco leaves that run the length of the cigar);
- Is handmade or hand rolled (i.e., no machinery was used apart from simple tools, such as scissors to cut the tobacco prior to rolling);
- Has no filter, non-tobacco tip, or non-tobacco mouthpiece;
- Does not have a characterizing flavor other than tobacco;
- Contains only tobacco, water and vegetable gum with no other ingredients or additives; and
- Weighs more than 6 pounds per 1,000 units.